How to add a grain effect to your photograph in photoshop!
We all love the vintage grain effect so here is the simplest way to do it!
- Open your photograph in photoshop, then create a new layer.
- With that layer selected click edit > fill. Choose content 50% gray and blend mode to normal, opacity at 100%.
- Right-click on layer and choose convert to smart object, set the blend mode to overlay.
- Go to filter > noise > add noise and adjust how much “noise” you want. Tick Gaussian and monochromatic, click ok.
- Next go to filter > blur > gaussian blur, adjust based on how “grainy” you want your photograph to be.
- You can always double click on the filter effects to adjust them until you get your desired result!
Sit back and bask in your new found skills!
PS. Tag me in what you create I’m always interested to see how these tips work for people! Follow for more designer tips and tricks!
Here are a few more ideas and looks to inspire you!
Before you go…
BE THE BOSS AND DIY YOUR OWN BRAND MANUAL
I am perfect for start up brands finding their big boss shoes.
The DIY Brand Manual for Designing with Purpose isn't just a "generic DIY logo course" for your brand. It is about teaching you to find what language, colours, fonts, logo and layouts suits your brand (not you) best. It's about being able to UNCOVER and SEE how your brand can stand out.
JOIN THE WAITLIST NOW.
FIRST 25 AMAZING HUMANS WHO SIGN UP GET THIS MINI COURSE FOR FREE!